Tuesday 21st March
Yesterday we discussed that a poster wasn’t going to as effective as if we made a booklet that used our illustration and short word to show our story in a mini book form. I first created the poster of a “Schmombie” and then decided we could create a book cover.
The poster would have been a three and the question would make you think about your addiction and almost make you aware of it. We then decided on using this design in the front cover but making the question together as a logo.
I worked on the logo creating a ? that worked with the type pf schmombie and used the question in the type American Typewriter because we felt this worked with the child like theme. I used this and but it in between the h and b. We also tried the type with a green outline but decided it looked more like a monster type.
When discussing as a group we decided that a 8 to 10 page booklet would be really effective and would look good along side our animation as our illustration and animation is child friendly we through a booklet along side it would work better than a website as our campaign is an awareness of addiction to social media so a website would be contradicting that idea.
We came up with the book cover first then I made the booklet whilst the other worked on the animation. I used everyones illustration and simplified the story into 10 pages. I will then print this off and create booklet.
This will be printed booklet that shows a simplified version of our animation in a 10 page booklet that will also have simple story in writing on each page to go along with it that is similar to the script on our voice over.
This booklet was really enjoyable to make to see it come to life in a different context to how we original planned it. I think the illustration work really well in this format and will look even better once printed. I think together as a team we worked well to produce this. Using everyone sketches within the finally piece and getting there opinion on how to make it better.
We then as a group came up with a script that could be used in the booklet that when it was read it read as a children’s book.
This is the script:
This is Dave.
Dave liked using his phone.
He used it to talk to friends and family
So he never felt alone.He didn’t see it coming,
He didn’t see it strike
It chomped and it chewed
And swallowed him up in one bite.
I will not stand for this! Dave screamed at beast
As he kicked and fought his way to release.
But it was too late when he finally got out.
He thought he was fine without any doubt.
But little did he know the schmombie virus had already hit,
Because of every like
And every click.
So he started to sag
because of the tags
Until he could no longer walk
And talk and think
This is our script that I then used to place in booklet to make it readable and flow from page to page. I also went thought it with the group and edited little part to make everything fits.
Once I finished the booklet and everyone was happy with it all I had to do was print. We did a test print before this final version which is shown above it worked on black and white and we also tried it on blue paper. The writing needed the same alignment, the position needed to changed slightly.
When I went to print in colour we came to a lot of problem due to printer in the library. We first has the issue of it printing smaller on A3. Then when we got it to the right sized it then flipped the image on the reverse side which also didn’t work how we wanted it. We then had to reconsidered how we were printed so we went to the print studio to print which it printed how we wanted in the right order but there was a large white border on every page. I think this would have looked better without but we had to work with what we had. If I had more time I would have got it printed somewhere else. I think that it is hard to print in University because of there being on printing in the studio and with the Library printers being so unreliable.