Today I presented my edited version of my project from the feedback I got on Monday from David. I feel it has come on a lot since then. I have adjust the size of the font to 15 and I have removed the light bulb all together which I think works well and allows the image to speak for the article. There was things going into this presentation to the class that I was unsure about and wanted the class to point it out and give me there opinion on it.
When going into this I had changed the quotation on the second page and got rid of the white box and tried to play around with the text to make you work to read it but I wasn’t sure if this worked. I also changed the text layout a lot and wanted to find out if it work reading wise.
When getting my feedback I felt it really help to give me the last few things to adjust to my piece. They felt the images were strong and the title over the image could be lowered to allow the image to work on its own. The type detailing needs some work where it is going over 4 column the line length is very long and shows a lot of gaps within the text. They felt the text was hard to read because of the change in column throughout. They felt I should bring the box back on the quotation “Girl in the dark .. back to the light”. They felt the first spread was still very busy there was to many system with the quotations. The image on the first page they felt was strong if I open it up more and remove the text across the face and got rid of the yellow tones in the image because the system should stick to all black and white. I will use greyscale to edit the image.
I felt this feedback helped me to answer my question and it was good to show my work to other member of the class and get there opinion of my work when they haven’t seen it before.