In a presentation I showed everyone my process so far and wanted feedback on my logo. There feedback was that they liked the idea and the logo. The logo they felt the lines were very harsh in places and needed smoothing out. The colour were said to have been to bright and that there is a rule that red and green shouldn’t be seen together, also the typeface need to be change as they felt it just didn’t work with the overall logo.
With the feedback the first thing I did was make the lines less sharp and more rounded so using the pen tool and anchor I smoothed the line out where they pointed out the most.
I went back in and went through a lot of colour changes to see if I could find a different choice of colour that worked better together. I swapped and changed the colour on a page so I could see all the option together. I also asked on Facebook to see what people thought of the original green and red and if it didn’t work or if it just needed to be changed slightly.
Here show all of my colour swatching and after looking at these I still feel that red and green is what colour I want my logo to be. As I feel these are the strongest together. I then asked a few close friends and family which one they felt worked the best and they felt the dark red and green worked the best. These colour gave it more of a earth feel rather than being to bright.
Below shows the colour that I have decided to use in my final logo. I feel that these colour work the best together. I know that in the tutorial it was said that red and green shouldn’t be seen. I feel after a lot of research and testing other option. The comment on Facebook also showed that green and red worked together.
The other thing mentioned on my logo was that the line would work better if they were thinner as at the moment they looked to chucky and less like lines on a map. When trailing this with the colours chosen I agree with the comment.
In my presentation it was also mentioned that the typeface needs to be changed as they felt the current one didn’t worked well with the logo. I again went back into Illustrator and looked at the typeface that were already on Illustrator.
These typeface all work but I didn’t think they were personal enough considering the whole idea is my personal journey. I remembered that it was mention to look into making my own typeface. This is where I thought about making my own handwriting into a type face as its personal to me.
I created my typeface by writing the alabhet in both capitals and lower case and took a picture of this that I then placed into Illustrator where I Image traced and expanded the image and ungrouped them to make them indiviual letters. I then made sure all of them were smooth and not as sharp. I then used the letter to make my name using all capitol and also a version with both to compare and see with one worked the best with the logo.
This font worked well with the logo and felt more personal which i liked and i also feel I’ve learnt a lot more from making my own font instead of using and existing font it feel more real and more mine.
This is my final logo