Poster Development

My recent one to one tutorial I decided I needed to change the colour of my marque mean that my whole brand had to change. I was told that my poster layout worked but the colour behind the black wasn’t working. When being told this I understood and felt I needed to play around with colour more using a colour scheme. My colour scheme now is purple, orange and blue. I was also told that the typeface i’ve been using is to heavy and is normally associated with boring documents. When coming away from this I felt that the only way to make the typeface better was to make it link with my logo as the type I used on the logo I hadn’t used anywhere else and the work felt very separate.

I wanted to use my handwriting typeface throughout my work so I created the three works using my typeface to see if it would work. When putting it into my poster it straight away brought the whole thing together. I also wanted to see if it would still work with the 3d effect on the word. This was then the typeface I used throughout my brand that brought the whole thing together.

Screen Shot 2017-11-05 at 19.02.50

Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 12.39.37

This was using the layout from my previous poster idea changing the type and the mark. The typeface changes the whole poster and make it look more playful. The colour made it more playful and I used the alternation in the colour to bring it to life more.

I wanted to be more experimental with the type placing and try to put them together using letter that were in both words. This was to play around with the space more. Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 15.45.01Screen Shot 2017-11-05 at 19.18.47

These place with the space more but also leave blank space that I think work because the typeface is so bright and playful. It would be to clutter if I had more on the page.

I want to use three poster as my final piece and I was most drawn to the two where I experimented with type and wanted to use the one with the three text in the middle with the line in the background.

Animation for Direct Me

For my animation I wanted it to be the logo moving. My idea was to make the lines move to show the path being made. I also wanted the text to type itself or create itself using shapes.

I began with import all three part of my logo. This was so I could make them move separately. I first wanted to make the line of my mark move to make the path and meet in the middle. I also wanted to make the type move to create the letters whilst the path is being made.

I did this by in my first comp adding all my image to make my logo separate and lining them up so they displayed my logo. I right clicked on the orange line and changed the vector into a shape. I then added a path ,stroke and a trim path. In Trim path I put both the start and the end to 0.0% then at 4 second I changed the percentage to 100% I then pressed the path timer at the begging and this allowed the line to draw itself. I did the same for the purple line and the Direct Me words. Screen Shot 2017-11-06 at 11.30.57.png

After I had my logo moving I want to add the lines from my logo coming in before had all over the screen. To do this I used another comp and added the lines how I wanted them on the screen and used the same technique as before but for some of the line I changed them so they started from a different end.

Screen Shot 2017-11-06 at 11.34.42.png

I also was told in my tutorial that I would need a strap line at the end to some up my brand. So I used a third comp and added the work Direct, explore and enjoy separately so I could use them to move around the screen after my logo. I wanted each word come from a different direction. So I used position and placed them off the screen at the beginning then change the percentage at 4.00 seconds so they would all move on the screen.

My final animation is displayed below:

Ephemera – Poster Ideas for Direct Me

For one of my ephemera for this project I wanted to make a poster that displayed the place and time of the expeditions. I wanted my poster to display the logo and the date and time. I played around with a few ideas.

I wanted to use my mark and my three tag lines to create a couple of posters that can show my expedition. I used the colours within my mark to start.

I used bold tag lines to show what direct me was about. I wanted the writing to be in bold to make it eye-catching and easy to read. I first went with the landscape idea using just black writing and the logo. I felt this was boring and needed more colour. I used the colours with in the line and made the word look 3D by putting colour behind each of the words.

This then brought me on to the fact that the mark was to big. When researching poster the logo are alway small and they let the strap line do the taking. So I wanted to play with that idea and making the strap line bigger and centre of attention. I decided to try it portrait and make the three bold words in the centre.

Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 18.40.11

I think this poster layout work the most as the mark is clear and so is the strap lines. I still need to work on where I am going to place the information and if I am going to play around with the type more. I have used Arial black font for the strap lines and Arial for the informations.